Friday, May 15, 2009

You

Every word of this poem’s gonna be about you
The queen of my heart, my mind, my body, my soul,
About how your eyes stare into mine
About how beautiful you are
About how much I love the little things about you
How light reflects off of your eyes
How your lips speak words that soothes my soul
How your hands reach when nobody else’s can and seizes my heart

Every word of this poem is gonna be about you
How this doesn’t rhyme just like how much I love u doesn’t make sense
How your smile lights up the darkest of my days
How only you can calm my storm
How your hips accentuate your cradle of life
How your breasts protect the heart that beats with mine
How the scent of your hair makes my heart beat faster

Every word of this poem is gonna be about you
About only the things that you can do
About how much our love is true
About how you turn my days around when they are blue
About how you gave birth to my heart anew
About how this time around our love will debut
About how every word of this poem was about you





This is dedicated to those strong, beautiful, good women out there, and this was indeed influenced by Raheem DeVaughn's Song "You".

No comments:

Post a Comment