Friday, May 15, 2009

Just Like A Star

Just like a star can fall out the sky
Just like you can lose that look in your eye
Just like my love waits in standby
In faith and God I will have to rely

Just like a star is how my love endures
Through the test of time our love tours
That’s why I know my love is mature
Because I know, what I feel is for sure

Just like a star burns with fire
Only for you my heart desires
If only you knew how your love inspired
If only my love never backfired…..

Just like a star shines oh so bright
When things get dark I won’t give up the fight
Even when there is no peace in sight
Together we can light up any night

Just like a star is beautiful and strong
Especially when love can do no wrong
Hopefully no matter what we will get along
And both of us can end up where we belong

Just like a star will never end
It’s possible I could risk a dear friend
Because some wounds never mend
Because two hearts are unable to blend




This was written for someone special at the time, who will always be special to me no matter what, and is clearly influenced by "Just Like A Star" by Corrine Baily Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment