Friday, May 15, 2009

Patience

Just Tell me why, what did I do to deserve this

Why do I give my all, and try so hard

Only to receive silence as my reward?

What does it take, where must I go?

Why must I pay for all their past mistakes?

Why did they get to enjoy you, when they did you wrong?

Why do I get a cold shoulder, when I radiate warmth?

Am I a fool? Why do I continue to deal with what I don’t deserve?

Every man has his breaking point, yet I've ignored mines

Why give someone a heart so big?

Is it so it can take more punishment?

But yet it feels so deeply and true?

It just waits to be unleashed, yet it gets caged?

But like Maya says the caged bird still sings

And I will still wait patiently.



This goes out to all those who go through it still looking for that special someone

No comments:

Post a Comment