Friday, May 15, 2009

Love Don't Live Here Anymore

I used to be able to write from the heart
Emotion and thought blended together like an ocean shore
To let it all flow in beautiful words like Art
Then my heart began to go cold, as it was once before
Back when I found out what love and caring is at the start
Now love doest live here anymore……..

Only one came along that actually concerned for me
I became a fool blinded by emotion, by love’s sweet allure
Very few cared for other than themselves, as far as I could see
Except for my true queen, my Cherie Amour
But I let my love for others ruin us; I should have let us be
Now love doesn’t live here anymore……………

Love is for those that share my blood, from my heart outpour
Love is for, and from, my lord and savior
Room left in my heart after them, I cannot tell for sure
Whether I’m right or wrong I’ll always hold their favor
But much beyond them, love doesn’t live here anymore………..

Now I struggle, my heart is so unsure
Why care, why not protect yourself, why not just take flight?
How can one tell their own heart to close its door?
How can one fight what they feel is right?
Does love live here anymore?


This one goes out to all those, in the struggle, looking for that special someone who sometimes feel like being fed up, keep ya'll heads up out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment