Friday, November 25, 2011

True Thanksgiving 11'

I think of all of the things that I am thankful for this year and I cannot help but see the hardships and struggles that have engulfed my last year. Despite having a tough story from day one I can honestly say this has been the roughest year of my life. I have lost family members and for the first time in my life I could not have my mother by my side for Thanksgiving because she is in the hospital fighting cancer, fighting for her life. Despite it all I can say I am truly thankful, thankful for being here, thankful for having a good job in the career field I went to school for, thankful for my family members that are still here, etc.

It is very easy to be thankful when things are fine and everything is going according to plan. Only the most ungrounded of people fail to show appreciation when there are not many problems and issues or things to complain about. Appreciation is the key to enjoying life, there are example of the rich and famous suffering and being unhappy despite being rich and famous all because they do not appreciate what they have. A primary drive in life  is to get to the point where you have no worry or wants or needs, however true appreciation is being thankful when the chips are down and your world begins to crumble around you. Like the eye of a hurricane I stand in the calm being at the middle and I can say I am still thankful for being here and for having all of the things that I do.


Always remember that there is always someone better than you or in a better situation, and there is always someone worse. There is a old Chinese proverb I heard (That I cannot completely recall so I shall paraphrase) there was a man who was angry at the world because he had no shoes, he felt pain everywhere he walked, he was angry until he met a man who had no feet. These are tough times and the world owes you nothing, things could get better or worse but never forget to be grounded in appreciation.

I hope you all enjoyed the Thanksgiving holiday, and that you all remember its not just about the food, I am thankful for all I have, including those who took the time to share in my profound perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment