Friday, May 15, 2009

Space

If I could jump as high as I could
Out of this world I would
I think I would land on the moon
Knowing I would leave there soon

To the depths of space I go
Only here can my mind flow
I couldn’t describe what I seen
Or even the emptiness in between

Only here can the sun be so bright
Only here can one see such a sight
The beauty of creation in outer space
Only here did I find my place

Here things made perfect sense
Peace in space so immense
To think it can’t last forever
Or that I could even experience this endeavor

Who would have known unless I tried
That next to a star I could glide
Eventually it would come to an end
A limit to the time I could spend

Back to the moon to watch Earth’s show
To witness ignorance, violence and strife grow
Should I even go back from where I came?
Only to find things still the same?

I can’t survive on the moon much longer
I need a souvenir to keep me stronger
So I take a rock before I leave
As I lack the air I breathe…




This goes out to those who go through it, and sometimes you just wanna get away, life is hard, but it makes us stronger. I was influenced by the scene in the movie "The Watchmen" where Dr. Manhattan escapes harassment by going to mars. Even he had to step back.

No comments:

Post a Comment